GFWC Rotonda West Woman's Club

Affiliated with General Federation of Women's Clubs and GFWC Florida

GFWC Rotonda West Woman's Club, Inc.

The General Federation of Women’s Club

 
 
GFWC_Logo_2747C1245C1815CK_emblem-1-150x150.png

The General Federation of Women’s Clubs

GFWC Rotonda West Woman’s club is a proud member of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs. Honoring the motto of “Unity in Diversity,” we come together as unique individuals dedicated to community improvement through our community projects. Our mission is to enhance the lives of others in Rotonda West and Charlotte County through volunteer service.

• GFWC is one of the world’s largest and oldest nonpartisan, nondenominational women’s volunteer service organizations.

• GFWC is distinguished from other service organizations by the breadth of our outreach. Our programs span all areas of the lives of our members, their families, and communities

• GFWC members create global change working on a local level — they select projects and programs by determining the specific needs of the communities in which they live and work every day.

• GFWC members are true volunteers in action — GFWC and its members annually raise an average of $40 million on behalf of more than 100,000 projects, and volunteer nearly five million hours


GFWC MISSION STATEMENT

Founded in 1890, the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, an international women’s organization, has been a unifying force, bringing together local women’s clubs from around the country and throughout the world that are dedicated to community improvement by enhancing the lives of others through volunteer service.

With more than 100,000 members in affiliated clubs in every state and more than a dozen countries, GFWC members work in their own communities to support the arts, preserve natural resources, advance education, promote healthy lifestyles, encourage civic involvement, and work toward world peace and understanding.

Located in Washington, D.C., GFWC Headquarters was named a National Historic Landmark in 1991, and houses the GFWC Women’s History and Resource Center. The GFWC Women’s History and Resource Center collects, preserves, interprets, and promotes the history of GFWC and women volunteers. The WHRC documents the social and political contributions of GFWC clubwomen from 1890 to the present through the GFWC archives, related special collections, and publications.

GFWC members are community leaders who work locally to create global change, with its members raising an average of $40 million through more than 100,000 projects and volunteering nearly five million hours annually.

wwa-history.jpg