The Rotonda West Woman's Club
Our monthly member meetings start with a fellowship at 9:00 am, with our meetings beginning at 10:00 am at the Rotonda West Association (RWA) Community Building in Broadmoor Park, 646 Rotonda Cir, Rotonda West. The day remains the same – 2 nd Thursday of the month except June, July, and August.
The Community Building is beautiful, spacious, convenient, and with ample parking.
Please come and join us.
Club Flower: Ixora
Our Club Colors: Red and White
Club Motto: Working Today - For A Beautiful Tomorrow
Club Song (Last Stanza of "America")
Our Father's God to thee
Author of Liberty
To thee we sing
Long may our land be bright
With Freedom's Holy Light
Protect us by the might
Great God our Kin
The General Federation of Women's Clubs
The General Federation of Women’s Clubs -
GFWC Rotonda West Woman’s club is a proud member of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs. Honoring the motto of “Unity in Diversity,” we come together as unique individuals dedicated to community improvement through our community projects. Our mission is to enhance the lives of others in Rotonda West and Charlotte County through volunteer service.
• GFWC is one of the world’s largest and oldest nonpartisan, nondenominational women’s volunteer service organizations.
• GFWC is distinguished from other service organizations by the breadth of our outreach. Our programs span all areas of the lives of our members, their families, and communities
• GFWC members create global change working on a local level — they select projects and programs by determining the specific needs of the communities in which they live and work every day.
• GFWC members are true volunteers in action — GFWC and its members annually raise an average of $40 million on behalf of more than 100,000 projects, and volunteer nearly five million hours
GFWC MISSION STATEMENT
Founded in 1890, the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, an international women’s organization, has been a unifying force, bringing together local women’s clubs from around the country and throughout the world that are dedicated to community improvement by enhancing the lives of others through volunteer service.
With more than 100,000 members in affiliated clubs in every state and more than a dozen countries, GFWC members work in their own communities to support the arts, preserve natural resources, advance education, promote healthy lifestyles, encourage civic involvement, and work toward world peace and understanding.
Located in Washington, D.C., GFWC Headquarters was named a National Historic Landmark in 1991, and houses the GFWC Women’s History and Resource Center. The GFWC Women’s History and Resource Center collects, preserves, interprets, and promotes the history of GFWC and women volunteers. The WHRC documents the social and political contributions of GFWC clubwomen from 1890 to the present through the GFWC archives, related special collections, and publications.
GFWC members are community leaders who work locally to create global change, with its members raising an average of $40 million through more than 100,000 projects and volunteering nearly five million hours annually.
© 2010 General Federation of Women’s Clubs. GFWC ® and the GFWC Emblem are registered trademarks of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs. All rights reserved. Permission granted to GFWC members to reproduce in whole or in part (indicate if excerpted) for GFWC member or personal use only using this credit line: © 2010 General Federation of Women’s Clubs 202-347-3168 www.GFWC.org. Used with permission. May not be reproduced for sale or profit.